- The process is easy to operate and control with good amenability to automation.
- Avoidance of corrosion of plant & machinery due to elimination of sulphur di-oxide gas, hence maintenance cost reduced.
- Great flexibility in the end product production viz. Raw sugar / Refined sugar / White sugar depending upon the domestic as well as the international market requirement.
- Consistent sugar quality; quality variation, if required, can be done within the process
- End product quality is not dependent on cane quality
- No deterioration of sugar during long storage, no reprocessing required